Since we’ve gathered some followers, i thought about some kind of list for open trading partners for ATCs.
So if you’re open for international trades and want to be part of this list so that people can note you with trading wishes, just send me the following information via note and i’ll add them to this list!
Nickname: Your tumblr url name and maybe a nickname if that’s different (open your ask box!)
Your Art: Any kind of reference for your usual ATC/drawing styles etc (dA-Nickname, your artblog name, your art tag…)
Your favourite trading motives: for example: Fandoms, general topics, styles…
If you’re not longer open for trading, just send another note and i’ll delete you from here (or set you in brackets if it’s a hiatus).
You can also send me ratings/feedback for users that you’ve traded with! If the feedback is positive, i’ll add a * to their entry. If you had bad experience, please send me proof and i’ll remove them from this list.
Some additional tips for your trade: Talk about the time you’ll approximately need for the trade. Doesn’t matter if you’re slow but keep your trading partner updated! Also, if you’re not going to make it, tell them. That’s better than letting them wait and getting a bad review. ;)
Best would be to wait for both cards to be done and then exchanging the adresses / sending the letter. Keep in mind your letter is probably having a long way, to stabilize it with cardboard and optimally put your card into wrapping film.
Also, don’t be afraid to say no to a trade. And don’t be sad when someone says no! There should be no pressure.
Thanks! So let’s start. :)
Favourite motives: One Piece, Legend of Korra, Gravity Falls, Daedalic Adventures, Monkey Island, Explosions/Fire, 20th Century Boys, Ghibli
Favourite motives: One Piece, Dragons, Doctor Who, Gravity Falls, Homestuck, Supernatural
So, let me tell you about Artist Trading Cards.
(These are recent cards i made.)
They are the traditional form of small canvas art trades and they are awesome! If you like drawing and collecting, think about them.
Their size is 2.5 x 3.5 inches / 6,4 x 8,9 cm, approximately like those of other trading card systems such as Magic or Pokémon and thus you can buy these cool collector sleeves to organize them.
Same thing, different purpose, are ACEOs (Art Cards, Editions and Originals), which are more likely to be sold than traded.
(The first page of my folder for ATCs. I love dragon motives.)
[Featuring cards by Nim, suavis, Lufia // silverybeast, Gnomenschuh,
Lynn // grimsqueaker, suavis, Asche, everyone without a link is only on the German ATC trading site]
Also, you stabilize them with cardboard so they feel like real trading cards, but they are originals and unique. On the back just write your name, maybe a card title and number (I count mine), location, date… as you wish.
(These are my simple back sides. Many people also have astounding ideas for back sides, they use sticky paper with patterns or draw another finished picture on there. Kudos to them, but i’m lazy.)
Media can also be anything - in my collection, beneath drawings with any type of paint, there are sewn cards, pop-ups, collages, one card from plastic that glows in the dark, cards with stickers… anything that fits in that sleeve. :D I’ve also seen encaustic paintings, photo prints, cards entirely from fabric…
(Of course, i love fanart, so these are a big part of my collection.)
[Featuring cards by Necr0w, Nils, DarkDust // Rune, Jona, Nils // Nils, Rune, Jona, (yes i know very few Homestuck fans :D), everyone without a link is only on the German ATC trading site]
I started to draw ATCs when I had an art block and needed something new. The small canvas is hard at first but you get better with time and getting original drawings by other people via snailmail just has some magic effects to the heart. People don’t just trade cards that are done already but also agree on trades with motive wishes just as normal art trades. Re-trading cards that you’ve got from another person is theoretically ok, but i’ve never felt the need to give away one of my treasures. :D
Here in Germany the art community loves ATCs. We have a German site that’s only for trading them, that has more members than any international site I’ve visited so far and on every Con there are very few sellers who don’t have ATCs in their repertoire.
(Draw it, glue it on cardboard (i use the same water color paper as I’m drawing on) and cut it. The thickness should be more than 220g/m² for reference.]
If you’re interested in trading with me or have any questions or just want to say hello, send me a note! I’d be happy to have some international trading partners. Also, check out these cool ATC artists:
Have a nice day!
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 92 Truths about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
Tagged by pueppie
Tags: Umm… You who reads this and hasn’t done this yet! Also, tag me! :D
WHAT WAS YOUR:
1. last beverage - water with a fizzy tablet against cough
2. last phone call - 3 days ago, Pueppie, about the evening plans
3. last text message - my bf so that he’d bring some food from work
4. last song you listened to - Die Löcher in der Menge - ASP
5. last time you cried - i can’t remember
HAVE YOU EVER:
6. dated someone twice - No
7. been cheated on - No
8. kissed someone & regretted it - No
9. lost someone special - No
10. been depressed - Not really
11. been drunk and threw up - No
LIST THREE FAVORITE COLORS:
Black, orange, blue
IN THE LAST YEAR, HAVE YOU:
15. Made a new friend - Yep :3
16. Fallen out of love - No
17. Laughed until you cried - Definitely yes
18. Met someone who changed you - Yes
19. Found out who your true friends are - Rather found some people not my true friends, but the others were true. :D
20. Found out someone was talking about you - No bad things though. xD
21. Kissed anyone on your FB friend’s list - Yes
22. How many people on your FB friends list do you know in real life - 117 out of 131 (14 people from art pages, tandem language learning etc)
24. Do you have any pets - No :(
25. Do you want to change your name - I sometimes ponder about my username, the RL one is fine. :D
26. What did you do for your last birthday - Nothing, i think. Cozy evening.
27. What time did you wake up today - 9 a.m. because i lost my scarf, slept two additional hours after that.
28. What were you doing at midnight last night - Outlining ATCs and watching Supernatural
29. Name something you CANNOT wait for - To have no exams anymore
30. Last time you saw your Mother - about 4 weeks ago. Gotta head there as soon as i’m healthy again.
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life? - even more time for drawing and some more cash would be nice. :D
32. What are you listening to right now - Bad Company / Five Finger Death Punch from a playlist my bf made
33. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom? - No.
34. What’s getting on your nerves right now - being sick :o
35. Most visited webpage - Tumblr & Facebook
36. Blood type - don’t know that, sadly. I faint when they take too much blood, so no donator sadly. :(
37. Nickname - none
38. Relationship Status - takeeen
39. Zodiac sign - Aries
40. Pronouns - She/Her
41. Elementary - umm… yes? xD
42. High School - common high school in germany, closing with A levels
43. College - electronical engineering / university ?
44. Hair color - Ash blonde, quite dark
45. Long or short - short
46. Height - 180 cm
47. Do you have a crush on someone? - No.
48. What do you like about yourself? - Most responsibilities can’t stop me from drawing.
50. Tattoos - Not yet
51. Righty or lefty - righty
52. First surgery - Wisdom teeth when i was 17. Couldn’t eat for a week.
53. First piercing - Ears
54. First best friend - a girl from kindergarten, we were friends up to 10th class or something
55. First sport you joined - Swimming club
56. First vacation - Denmark, somewhere near the sea. I learned bicycling there.
58. First pair of trainers - What.
59. Eating - Nothing, I’m starving for breakfast
60. Drinking - My water is empty now. :o
61. I’m about to - fetch some food
62. Listening to - still that playlist
63. Waiting for - fooood
64. Want kids? - i think so
65. Get Married? - i think so
66. Career? - don’t know
WHICH IS BETTER:
67. Lips or eyes - Eyes
68. Hugs or kisses - Hugs
69. Shorter or taller - Taller
70. Older or Younger - Older
71. Romantic or spontaneous - Romantic, as i’m not spontaneous by myself
72. Nice stomach or nice arms - Arms
73. Sensitive or loud - Sensitive
74. Hook-up or relationship - Relationship
75. Trouble maker or hesitant - Trouble maker
HAVE YOU EVER:
76. Kissed a stranger - No
77. Drank hard liquor - i tried some but didn’t like any
78. Lost glasses/contacts - No
79. Sex on first date - No
80. Broke someone’s heart - I think so, but i only noticed it years later
81. Had your own heart broken - A little
82. Been arrested - No
83. Turned someone down - Yes
84. Cried when someone died - Yes
85. Fallen for a friend - No
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
86. Yourself - Not enough
87. Miracles - No
88. Love at first sight - Love takes some more time, but friendship at first meet will work i think
89. Heaven - I’d hope for it, but i don’t truly believe.
90. Santa Claus - No
91. Kiss on the first date - Yes
92. Angels - Not in the official way. But people can be angels sometimes. :)